Tuesday, January 22, 2019

More for Kenneth

During our conversation Saturday I told Kenny I had found two or three Kodachrome slides crumpled in the bottom of a box.  One was of Ann, which I posted yesterday.  He said, "Do you still have all those slides?'  I told him I did. He said, "We used to have so much fun setting the projector on your bed and showing the pictures on the wall."

I told him that if I could locate the pictures I might share some of them here.  Then this happened.


 One of my favorite snapshots of Frieda, my children's mother.
On Queen Anne Hill, Seattle, Washington, 1956.

 The kid's grandfather, D.W. Lacy.  Backyard picnic,
Wilkinson, Indiana 1960

 Their grandmother, Vera Morrell Lacy

 Our first-born, Ann Marie
Seattle
 Ivanelle Beth
Wilkinson
 Delbert Wendell
Lebanon
 Lebanon, Indiana c. 1963

 Grandmother Mary Matilda Palmer Morrell.
She was 83 when she visited us in Lebanon.

Ann and Ivy with cousins Coleen and Joanne 
and their Aunt Mildred Morrell Stone.  Lebanon, 1963.

 Little backyard mechanic, Converse, Indiana, ca. 1965

 Mom with her three chicks. The fourth still a couple of years in the future.

 Dad and Mom in Converse.

 Grandpa and Grandma Lacy at their home on Maish Road,
Frankfort, Indiana  ca. 1972.

With Grandpa in Frankfort
 There's Kenny!  His brother is at the wheel.

 No comment.  From me, anyway.

 The "lineup" is against the wall of the Gateway Arch ca.1972.


Names, Kenny.  People and pets.

In front of the chicken house in which we lived in Portland, Oregon, 1968.
Kenneth is nine months and walking.

5 comments:

Grace said...

What a terrific treasure trove!

Lin said...

Omg...I bet you were having fun going through all those slides! We always had movies and it was a big treat to sit there and watch them. We always LOVED family movie night!

It's funny...we don't really do that with the videos that we took.

Grace said...

Oh, and the colors are so vibrant - that's the first thing that struck me.

vanilla said...

Grace, I loved the color qualities of Kodachrome. The hassle of mounting and dragging out projectors for viewing, not so much.

Lin, photo memories are a blessing. It is interesting that with instant photography, still and motion, everybody does it, promptly forget the results it seems. "Share it, quick!" But tomorrow, "Oh, that was old news."

vanilla said...

👨‍🦳