Thursday, November 5, 2015

TBT



All alone.  Wait.  The dog is here but he is sleeping.  The tv is on but as usual I am paying it no mind.  Inspiration for a post?  All I can think about is the fact that BBBH is a thousand miles away.  Literally.

I am left with memories.  I took this picture  ten years ago and I vividly recall exactly where and when.  I love the b & w picture but I could tell you the exact color of the peignoir, the ring, the fabric on the sofa.

The longest we have been apart in the past fifteen-plus years is two days and a night.  And now the second day of this separation is coming to a close, a new record for apart-ness.

But, ta-da!  Only twelve more days to go.  How scary is that? 






5 comments:

Lin said...

Aw, that is very sweet that you miss her so. How come you didn't go with her?

vanilla said...

Lin, 1)someone had to take care of the dog; 2)I hate to fly; and, 3)it's a girl time for the sisters.

Grace said...

Oh my - what a great photo of JoAnn - love that smile! George is off early Friday morning, I'll be missing him by Saturday night...but he'll be home late Sunday night - so...

Secondary Roads said...

Have faith, brother. You will survive. Probably . . .

vanilla said...

Grace, interesting. While we are competent and can fend for ourselves it requires the "other" to make life feel right!

Chuck, I suppose I have a good chance. This too shall pass.