Thursday, September 17, 2020

Less Coffee, Less Sleep

 It's 4:08 p.m.  I am on my third cup of coffee.  What is going on here?  Normally I would be setting up my second pot about now.  Less coffee, good, no?  No.  I am also getting less sleep  Two hours last night, four hours (maybe) the night before.  With less coffee I should be getting more sleep, right?  Not the case.  Worse I fear I may be getting dehydrated for my coffee not only supplies my caffeine, it supplies most of my liquid intake.

You may infer from this that my lifestyle has been disrupted.  It has been.  My close friends and family know this but I have not been journaling about it in a public forum.  A mention might be in order in the event that I post something completely irrational.  Oh, but that happens often, you say?  Knock it off.

Her daughter and I are providing round-the-clock care for BBBH with the assistance of Guardian Angels Hospice whose personnel visit from time to time.  They are very pleasant and caring people but of course can provide only the services for which they are equipped and JoLynn and I are with her at all times.

Sleep is a prized commodity for us all and seemingly rationed sparingly by whatever Fates control such things.  Morpheus?  Whatever.

Coffee intake is limited only by the desire to procure a cup and swallow the contents.  The urge seems to strike much less often than it did in the past.

7 comments:

Grace said...

I have no words other than to say you all are in my heart and mind every day. Peace to you all.

Jim Grey said...

I'm very sorry to hear this. Please let us know specifically how we can be praying for you and BBBH.

Secondary Roads said...

We continue to pray for you both. May God grant you the gift of refreshing sleep.

vanilla said...

Grace, thank you. Knowing we are remembered by our friends is a great comfort.

Jim, at this point we are praying specifically for peace in the storm, the grip of the Master's hand, and a smooth transition to the eternal home. Thank you so much.

Chuck, we know that you and Sylvia have been holding us up before the Throne and we truly appreciate that.

Kim S. said...

There was a long lull and I feared something "big" going on. I've been a reader for a while but never commented due to tech limitations (just discovered Safari browser is the culprit - Firefox is more friendly!). I'm the praying kind and will keep you and BBBH and family in prayer specific to your request. Kim in PA

Lin said...

David, I am so sorry to read this news. I knew that things weren't well, but I didn't know how bad. I will add more prayers now for all. Being ill is hard enough, but caring for the ill can sometimes be harder. Drink as much water as you can in between cups of coffee. Please, give JoAnn a hug for me. I am praying for her!

vanilla said...

Kim S. thank you so much. Though I didn't know you were a reader of the blog, I appreciate that and your prayers very much. JoAnn passed to her eternal reward the day after you commented here.

Lin, your friendship over the years is highly prized. Keep the faith!