Friday, January 26, 2018

Volunteer Worker

Fall, 1947. Some church ladies were having a canning bee in the kitchen of the Bible College.  True enough.  When a load of peaches arrived on campus a number of volunteers showed up to process and can the luscious beauties-- the peaches, I mean.

On this particular afternoon, a young person arrived by bicycle to proffer assistance with the process.  Some of the biddies ladies may have been appalled at the scandalous attire and bold makeup on this young thing. But help is help, so washing fruit jars was an afternoon's entertainment for the young thing.  

6 comments:

Grace said...

So are you going to tell us who this is? I bet it must be a relative...

Secondary Roads said...

Please tell me there is more to the story than this tease.

vanilla said...

Grace, that was seventy years ago. I'll have to think on it.

Chuck, maybe, but think of it as a detective mystery.

Sharkbytes said...

looks like my kind of gal.

Vee said...

I still remember a mom's reaction when she realized it was her son. Fun times!

vanilla said...

Shark, 😊

Vee, cat's out of the bag.