Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tenth Anniversary

There's a whole lot of seriousness going on here at "String Too Short to Tie" today. It was exactly ten years ago on this date that the Beloved Beautiful and I said "I do" and needless to say nothing has been the same since.

A woman looks at a man and thinks, "He has potential;" whereas the man looks at the woman and thinks, "She's exactly what I want." And of course he doesn't change and she does, thus warping her concept of what the forever-togetherness is all about, and confounding him as the changes come swiftly. And continuously.

Wait! I said "seriousness" was going on here. And so it is. This is it: I love you, JoAnn, more today than I did the day we were wed. Do we get along perpetually in perfect pleasantry? Is everything harmonious from dawn 'til dusk on a daily basis? Do homing pigeons on a mission roost in the forest? Do pigs have wings?

But every day I awaken to a good day because you are with me. And, of course, because I awaken.

Will we still be together ten years from now? Well, we will if a certain two octogenarians are still breathing in 2020. So long as I can put one foot in front of the other. Until the cows come home and the pigeons roost in the cote.

6 comments:

The Pink Birdhouse said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! And I LOVE this post, what beautiful thoughts and words! and all of it oh-so-true about any marriage! Is any marriage smooth sailing all the way? I am not sure, but perhaps there are days where we believe that pigs do have wings!! Have a wonderful day!! ~~ Debby

Andrea said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Beautiful tribute!!

Secondary Roads said...

Congratulations and many happy returns of the day.

Lin said...

Oh, Vanilla! That was SO lovely! What you wrote was so sweet--I would wish that Joe would say those nice things about me. Sigh.

Congratulations on your anniversary and for finding someone you truly love. How lucky you are to have had that in your life!! You two make a VERY handsome couple.

Vee said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope today is a great day and that you will celebrate many, many more anniversaries.

Anonymous said...

You are both fortunate people to have found each other!