Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cash at Folsom

On this date in 1968 Johnny Cash performed at Folsom Prison where the tracks for this album were cut.

An excellent story about this event is posted on NPR's website:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5018930

Here in its entirety is my post from last February, on the man's birthday:

Country, rock-a-billy, plain ol' good pickin' and singin'.
Johnny Cash was born on February 26, 1932. BBBH disrespectfully refers to him as "Johnny One-note" but I know some good singing when I hear it.
The Man in Black has "walked on down the line;" and I miss him. But fortunately thanks to technology we can still hear his baritone renditions of some of the best tunes ever penned.

Johnny Cash 1932 - 2003 RIP

2 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

His is an interesting story. I particularly enjoy the songs he did with June Carter Cash.

vanilla said...

I, too, like their duets, Chuck.