Wednesday, October 31, 2018

October 31. Again

Still my favorite

I am making this an annual event.  That is how much I like it.  Hope you like it.
 
Today is Halloween.  It has become quite a big deal, commercially, that is.  Why, I would guess that the dollar turnover on decorations and partying is as big as Christmas.  Yet I don't think of Halloween as a holiday.  A day for fun and mischief, perhaps, but even the mischief has gotten carried away from fun into wickedness.

But that's not the reason for this post.

Here is the reason:  Wishing you a fun and safe good time on Halloween.  And,



inflicting on you once again my all-time favorite Halloween cartoon.  You are welcome.

4 comments:

Lin said...

I am always amazed at the recent growth in popularity of Halloween. It has really turned into THE holiday of the year, hasn't it? I don't get it. Maybe because it is "safe"--no religious undertones....or does it?? Still....it is fun to see the little ones standing at my door in costume.

I like your cartoon. I'm glad you posted it again.

Grace said...

Well here is a tradition I can fully support!

vanilla said...

Lin, there are those who think the religious overtones are too deep and too dark, ergo Halloween celebrations should be shunned. Anyway, Happy Halloween and enjoy the kiddos on your doorstep.

Grace, today the "Six Chix" cartoon was perhaps even darker than this one. https://www.seattletimes.com/comics-king/?feature_id=6Chix

Vee said...

I can still laugh at this one.