Saturday, February 3, 2018

She and I

She had diced a beautiful cantaloupe, assembled a luscious-looking sandwich, placed a serving at each place and

She: Lunch!

I seated myself at table and so did she.

I:  Dear Father in Heaven, we thank you for another day and for the blessings of warmth and food.  Bless this melon and sandwich to the use of our bodies, in Jesus name, Amen.

She:  What do you mean, "Bless this smelly sandwich?"

I:  (cracking up, attempting to control the laughter): I said, "Bless this melon and sandwich"

It took us both several minutes to compose ourselves sufficiently to consume the wonderful victuals.

4 comments:

Sharkbytes said...

Glad the melon wasn't smellin' or it might have been ready for the compost. the sandwich, conversely, might have been rich with Limburger.

vanilla said...

Sharkey, gouda one. The sandwich, I mean. Your comment is a good one.

Vee said...

Laughing!

vanilla said...

Vee, your laughter is my goal.