Thursday, August 17, 2017

Black and White, and Black


 A few days ago I was on about short pants and how I so looked forward to starting school because that was the marker for my becoming a "man" and wearing long pants.

I found this picture of Little David before he started school.

So that your trip over here won't be a total washout, I include this snapshot of our black hollyhock.  This flower is truly as near black as any I have ever seen.  Here, as you can see, it is strongly back-lighted and the camera picked up the red undertones.

Be blessed!  I know I am.

8 comments:

Grace said...

Oh my word - what an absolutely handsome little boy! Cuteness overload...

vanilla said...

Grace, four score years ago.

Secondary Roads said...

Beautiful hollyhock and handsome lad. I'm to blessed to be depressed.

vanilla said...

Chuck, I like that "too blessed to be depressed."

Lin said...

Oh my gosh! You look like one of the Little Rascals! But then again....I imagine you were. ;)

vanilla said...

Lin, whatever would make you think that?

Vee said...

You were a cute little guy. No doubt about that!

I have only seen one black hollyhock before. Quite stunning.

vanilla said...

Vee, things change.