Monday, September 21, 2015

Rain Falls on the Just and the Unjust


Oh, my, you may be thinking.  Why the picture of such a dreary day in downtown Hometown?  And you would be wrong, for it is a day of jubilation!  Having gone for weeks without significant rainfall, it is now raining!  We are pleased, nay, thrilled to have an abundance of life-giving moisture falling from the skies.  Thank you, Lord!

Word of the day:  jubilation

The picture was taken Saturday morning.  We have now started another predicted stretch of dry days.  Fall may be my favorite season.

8 comments:

Lin said...

Like you, we were joyful in the recent deluge. Gosh, the world was DRY here. It's nice to have green back!

vanilla said...

Lin, nothing like a dry spell to make one appreciate the rain!

Secondary Roads said...

After a very wet year, we're enjoying some dry, sunny weather.

Grace said...

Rain has been threatening to fall all day and I wish it would hurry up...I like rain, I particularly like the way the world smells after the rain...I like the smell of worms and grass and trees and dirt and even concrete and the AIR. Heady smells that can make me giddy and light-headed. Lovely rain.

vanilla said...

Chuck, we had a string of seriously over-wet early in the summer, but recently a protracted dry spell. Today is perfect!

Grace, we both like rain and I like your paean to rain!

Vee said...

It's great you got some rain. I like the cool air the storms bring. (The sky in Seattle last week looked much like the sky in this picture.)

vanilla said...

Vee, surely wish I could have been in Seattle with you. I take it the Mountain did not come out during your visit?

Vee said...

Unfortunately, we did not get to see "The" Mountain. There were some really nice views from the Space Needle, though.