Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Fits Like a Glove

Every night when I begin to pray
I ask the Lord to help me say
How sorry I am, for mistakes I made
As I went about my busy day.

I ask for the will to forgive
Other people with whom I live
When others hurt me thoughtlessly
That I won't repay revengefully.

To help me do my best in every way
And look to God, He will repay
So many times I need some love
And His love always fits like a glove.

1 Peter 4:8: And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.  (KJV)

Gifts From God, Grace JoAnn Harrison Lacy, copyright 1995, 2014.  By permission of the author.

5 comments:

Lin said...

Beautiful writing, JoAnn. :)

Good message for today....and every day.

Vee said...

So much insight and wisdom to live by in these few verses.

vanilla said...

Lin, JoAnn thanks you, and we are happy you found meaning in those lines.

Vee, we do need to heed the message, and ask for the strength and courage to do right.

We were camping Mon thru Wed p.m. Cut trip short this time.

Sharkbytes said...

It's hard to forgive those we deal with all the time. And if they are Christians, will got really repay them? They will have complete forgiveness in heaven too, as I will. And if I have forgiven them, do I want vengeance? (conversely, if I desire any kind of vengeance, have I really forgiven them?)

vanilla said...

Sharkey, although I suspect your questions are rhetorical, I think I'll tell you my opinion. God said vengeance belongs to Him, so I have to leave it in His hands. As for a desire for vengeance, hard as it isn, I think true forgiveness wipes out the desire to "get back." See, the thing is, forgiveness frees us, not the culprit who needed forgiveness. Unless he asked for it. My take.