Friday, May 23, 2014

The Rocking Chair

 We dragged the disassembled parts of the old Kroehler rocking chair from its long storage place.  Cleaned wood, ripped fabric, purchased new hardware.

Two days the kitchen, the sewing room, heck the whole house, all in a shambles as we fussed with the project.  BBBH is the skilled seamstress and upholsterer.  I am a gofer, holder, puller, tugger, and betimes, aggravator, for the suggestions I offered were not always kindly received.
But we persevered!  The project is complete, the furniture piece may now occupy a special place in our home.





We're tired, but pleased.

11 comments:

Lin said...

WOW! you two did that???! That's beautiful!

If you are like us, we each have our strengths and weaknesses with such projects. Fortunately we can compensate for each other...although anyone listening to our "project banter" would think otherwise.

vanilla said...

Lin, I hear you.

Oh, and thank you. We had fun, but exhausted ourselves, or each other?

Shelly said...

Now THAT is beautiful! What a great piece of work~

vanilla said...

Shelly, thank you! We derived possibly equal amounts of fun and frustration from the project. Now perhaps we can derive years of pleasure from the chair.

Secondary Roads said...

Well done! You two have Skillz.

Grace said...

As well you should be - pleased, I mean. That rocker is lovely. I like me a nice comfy rocker...haven't had one in years - the dog ate my last one.

(as for home projects, I have learned to keep my mouth shut and maintain a high level of patience until...I can't take it anymore and I do it myself...as in "Gimme that thing - there, done.)

vanilla said...

Chuck, one of us does; the other bumbles along and he'ps best he kin.
Thanks.

Grace, thank you. What sort of dog ate your rocker? A rockerweiler? So, yes, I believe BBBH exercises great patience with her "helper." Usually.

Grace said...

Funny you should say that - LaVerne was half keeshound and half rottie...As the vet said "rotties are mouthy dogs" She was also the biggest wuss on the planet...sweet thing she was...

vanilla said...

Grace, I think one could spare a rocker for such a sweet dog.

Vee said...

Nice.

vanilla said...

Vee, thanks.