Monday, October 21, 2013

Social Interactions

Notwithstanding the wedding, beautifully detailed, perfectly executed, and a fantastic sit-down dinner at the country club, it was a weekend involving social contacts for this old bird.  The bride was gorgeous, it is said all brides are beautiful, but in this case it was true indeed; and the groom was handsome.  Things bode well for the future of my sister's branch of the family.


So as I say, it was a weekend of socializing.  It is clear that either I am weird, or everybody else is weird.  Or so I thought.  But I had an epiphany as I stumbled through the interactions with family members and complete strangers.  It is not an either/or situation.  It is both/and.  Everyone is weird, including myself.

Pally Lin asserts that she lives in "Weirdville" and I've no reason to doubt it.  But I am here asserting that we all live in Weird World.

And I was right where I wanted to be this weekend and had a wonderful time!

2 comments:

Vee said...

Stumbled upon this while looking for pictures of sis. This is a great picture!

vanilla said...

Vee, occasionally get a nice shot-- when the subjects are pretty.