Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Well Wishes, Dumb Story

Well Wishes
Tomorrow our friend, Chuck, will leave his Secondary Roads for the sterile environment of the operating room.  We are sending him warm good wishes and praying the Lord will watch over him and Sylvia and guide the hands of the medical team that will be carving on his great toe.  May you heal quickly, recover fully and get up on those feet without pain soonest, Chuck!

Drop in on Chuck and wish him well.

Dumb Story
Duck walks into a convenience store and asks, "Do you have any grapes?"  Clerk says no, and the duck leaves.  Next day, duck returns and asks, "Do you have any grapes?:  Clerk again says no, and the duck leaves.  

Day after that, duck walks in the store again and asks, "Do you have any grapes?"  Clerk screams at the duck, "You've come in here the past two days and asked if we had any grapes.  I told you no every time that we don't have any grapes!  I swear if you come back in here again, and ask for grapes, I'll nail your webbed feet to the floor!"

Duck left, and returned the next day.  This time he asked, "Do you have any nails?"  Clerk replied, "No," and duck said, "Good!  Got any grapes?:"


That's no duck.  It wants no grapes.

8 comments:

Shelly said...

Prayers for a quick recovery for Chuck. Loved the joke- the duck kind of reminds me of a 6th grader I know.

Lin said...

Prayers for Chuck! I hear he has a new nurse to make sure he sits and recovers properly. Cats are good for that, you know? :)

Secondary Roads said...

Thanks Shelly. Thanks Lin. Oh, and thanks Vanilla.

Yes, we have grapes. Not a lot but there are some nice fresh ones in fridge. Also raisins, which were once grapes. I also have an assortment of nails and screws.

Vee said...

Ha, ha! Good one. I'll travel over to Chuck's site to wish him well.

Anonymous said...

I love dumb stories like that...my father had a stock of "stories" like that...I don't know Chuck but I hope all goes well...

vanilla said...

Shelly, kinda reminds you of a third grade joke, too, doesn't it? One of the things I enjoyed about working with elementary kids: they had a thousand of them.

Lin, Chuck is fortunate to have Lily acclimated to her new surroundings just in time to serve nurse duty.

Chuck, interesting. I have heard a version of the story in which the duck asks for raisins.

Vee, a little silliness never hurt anyone; and, a little silliness goes a long ways.

Grace, sometimes simple, silly jokes are just fun!

Sharkbytes said...

Groan- the joke. Peace- for Chuck

vanilla said...

Shark, the joke is a groaner, isn't it?