Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Do I Have To?

It may have been the Black Friday advertisements on the tube that generated the thought in her mind.
BBBH quietly observed that the "Christmas season is upon us; perhaps we should get the decorations out and do something this year.

The weather is quite nice; one doesn't mind being in the yard and the barn, so I took a stroll barn-ward to assess the situation.


This is the corner in which the Christmas decor is stored.  The lens angle is not wide enough to include the entire panoply of boxes in which ornamentation is stored; but the image is sufficient to give you an idea of what I was  am facing.

Clearly, I turned around and walked out, hoping in my heart that I could find a "r & p"1 argument in favor of forgoing the decorating of the place this year.  I mean, ...

And besides, there might actually be as many as six to a dozen people who see the interior of the house during the season.  And that includes my Beloved and me.

1reasonable and prudent


12 comments:

Jim said...

I decorate my house for five other people to see it (my parents, my brother, my sons), and I don't even have a wife prodding me.

Of course, I have four boxes of decorations, and can finish in an afternoon.

Shelly said...

Deck the halls with boughs of holly...

Vee said...

Have fun!

Sharkbytes said...

I hear you. Om's the decorator person here. I'd like to skip it.

vanilla said...

Jim, you are such a good person, providing holiday cheer for your family and all. Perhaps if I were to pick four boxes. But who knows what I might get?

Shelly, yeah, that puts me in the mood. ;-)

Vee, of course. Making lemonade,now.

Shark, actually you are lucky. Om likes to decorate and he likes to shop.



Secondary Roads said...

With mild weather this week Sylvia went out and festooned the front deck with a green garland and Christmas lights. We'll not light the lights until after Thanksgiving. We'll set up a creche on the mantle, hang a wreath above that, but the only tree will be a ceramic job that is about a foot tall. This year we're staying home and having no company.

Anonymous said...

Just remember "If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" - Just sayin'

(Sorry about the delete - Would you believe I got that quote wrong the first time - it's early in the morning for and I corrected the grammar...sheesh!)

vanilla said...

Grace, it is a timely reminder; and I would do well to heed that cautionary note.

vanilla said...

Chuck, it seems to me that you have pretty well planned the perfect Christmas celebration!

Lin said...

Ugh. I think I would have the urge to have a little "accident" with a flame thrower. I hate putting up and taking down all that crap. I feel your pain.

John Cowart said...

Why is it that no matter how many boxes of stuff you unpack there is always one ornament you remember having but can never find?

vanilla said...

John, that is true. And it is probably the one you thought you packed but found in a windowsill in February. You forgot where you put it.