Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Labor Relations

My friend, Larry, sent me this one via email. I like it, and thought you might enjoy it, too.


The Montana Department of Employment, Division of Labor Standards claimed a small rancher was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an agent out to investigate him.

GOV’T AGENT:
“I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them.”

RANCHER:
”Well, there’s my hired hand who’s been with me for 3 years. I pay him $200 a week plus free room and board.

Then there’s the mentally challenged guy. He works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 per week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night so he can cope with life. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally.”

GOV’T AGENT:
“That’s the guy I want to talk to – the mentally challenged one.”

RANCHER:
“That would be me.”

4 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

I received that one too. [From a different source.] Almost shared it on my blog. I won't need to do that now.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

cute

vanilla said...

Chuck, guess we share a sense of humor.

Shark, yeah, we need to laugh once in a while.

vanilla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.