Friday, June 10, 2011

Inspired by Sister

Verla wrote a short article about Fitting Names for business enterprises. This inspired me to open my eyes and my mind to the possibilites right here in Perfect.

The first one to capture my attention was a business sign on South Main Street:
"Down to the Roots" No it isn't a septic service. It's a hair salon.

Here are others for your amusement.

"Candlelight Services" Not a wedding planner. It is electrical, heating and AC.

"Nita's Alter Ego" is an alteration service. No, clothing.

"Wrench's Auto Service. Seems appropriate.

"Cutter and Co." You are right this time; another salon.

"Sugar Mamma's" The slogan is, "Life is short. Eat dessert first." A confectioner.

"Animal Crackers and Company" Not a bakery. It's a pre-school. I'm proud to say it is owned and operated by one of my former students.

"Renewed Performance" Not a spa or gymnasium. They refurbish fire engines. You know. The red trucks you call for in emergency situation.
"EverReady" Not a supplier of power sources, but a bail bondsman who, for cash, will get your cousin out of jail, any hour of the day or night.

Yet none of these are as funny as Vee's ultimate and appropriate business name.

Have you any cool business names in your community?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a hair salon here in Norfolk called "Curl up and Dye".

A little morbid, but creative.

A place my wife frequents that specializes in frozen coffee drinks like frappucino's and such is called "Cool Beans". I always liked that one.

I'm sure there are others, but that's the only two I'm coming up with off the top of my head.

Vee said...

Good ones! "Sugar Mamma's" is interesting, especially in light of the meaning of "Sugar Daddy." :)

Anonymous said...

We buy our coffee from "Uncommon Grounds" in Burlington, Vermont.

Sharkbytes said...

Now I'll have to go looking!

vanilla said...

Sailorcurt, those are both "cool," especially the second one!

Vee, I never thought of it that way. Good one for you.

Grace, daughter in the coffee business assures me that the "uncommon" beans are the best. What do I know. Great name for the business.

Shark, you won't have to look too hard. They'll pop up all around you.