Saturday, November 27, 2010

Did You Survive It?

Oooh, oh! Oww. You went shopping on Black Friday. Now you are exhausted, hurting and broke.

That warm epsom salts bath in which your feet have been soaking has cooled to tepid. Time to swing your feet up into this warm, cuddly terry towel so that I can dry and massage those aching appendages. There. Pulling down the toes, thumb pressing the metatarsal; toes back up, ah! ouch. That hurts so good. Rub in a little witch hazel.

Don't get too excited. If you can't get your hubs to do this for you, you can do it yourself. But don't be thinking "How the heck am I going to pay for all that stuff that went on the plastic today?" And never question whether the choice for Aunt Mabel was just right.

It's only twenty-eight days until Christmas, and you have things to do. Wow, do you have things to do. It boggles the mind. But tomorrow is soon enough to get started. Rest a bit now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, intend to have less to do this holiday season.

And while I did brave Black Friday, I paid cash. No bills for me.

Of course, if Big Brother reads this comment, it's off to Room One-Oh-One for me.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

I bought a can of spray paint. My feet aren't too sore from that.

vanilla said...

Jim, wise shopping. I'll not report to BB.

Shark, my kind of shopper: know what you want, get it and get out. I like best to do it when few shoppers are out and about.