Friday, April 30, 2010

School Pictures


A few weeks ago some of my blog pals played a little game in which they posted pictures of their classes when they were in elementary school, maybe fourth or fifth grade (here and here). I couldn't join in at the time, since 1) photography had not yet been invented when I was in grade school, and 2) all my non-digitalized pictures were fourteen hundred miles away, a bit inaccessible.
By the time I was in high school there did exist yearbooks, and the page reproduced here is from my first year. Yes, that is the entire freshman class. I was really hesitant to post this simply because of the dorkiness level. Oh, my.
A few months ago, I had the privilege of seeing two of these people at an all-school reunion. (One lives in Kansas, the other in Colorado.) Present were many other people I went to school with in ancient days. Upper classmen, don't you know. Howard I hear from occasionally. He lives in Oregon. The others? I haven't a clue.

3 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

That must be you in the third row on the left.

Vee said...

Top right! You favor Uncle Ellis in this picture.

Lin said...

We ALL were dorky in our old photos, pally! Glad you found yours and you could join us in embracing your inner dork. Look how great we all turned out! ;)