Friday, March 26, 2010

Jammin'

Wednesday evening we went "jamming." We rode to the event in Aransas Pass with friends Judy and Mahlon from Nebraska. The band consisted of ten guitars, a dobro, three fiddles, a harmonica, and a keyboard. Most of these musicians sang solos in addition to playing their instruments. There were also several singers who provided solos backed by the band. Each participant did two numbers over the course of the evening. What a wonderful, relaxing and fun way to spend a few hours!

Following the closing down of the venue, many of the people who were in attendance repaired to a nearby Whataburger(TM) where burgers, fries and shakes put the cap on the evening.


That's BBBH performing, upper left. Judy is on keyboard.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

That would be fun!

Vee said...

Sounds as though you had a lot of fun. Great picture of JoAnn singing.

Lin said...

Cool! Reminds me of Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas. (Which is a good thing)

vanilla said...

Chuck: So much fun, in fact, that we did it again tonight in a different venue!

Vee: Thanks. See comment to Chuck.

Lin: Assignments, homework. Now I have to search out "Emmett Otter." An apparent gap in my education.

vanilla said...

Lin: I know you were in seventh grade, but good night, where was I? I thought I was a Jim Hensen fan-- and I had kids as an excuse to watch "The Muppets" --like I needed one.

"We don't wish to learn
But we hate what we don't understand
River Bottom Nightmare Band."

Fillin' in the gaps.