Saturday, March 21, 2020

My Only Post on Covid-19, I hope

The question is posed: Why don't I write  about our current situation vis a vis the pandemic?
Two things.
1.  I am an entertainer, not a news reporter.  I write for my own amusement, and for yours if you find the writing amusing.
2. Everyone is writing about it, especially those whose information grew on the grapevine and the substance of which is not verifiable.  But now I am straying.  Briefly, too much unsubstantiated information is being disseminated.

Whatever I may contribute I hope that it is positive and encourages people, or at minimum gives them a chuckle during tough times.

Old, old story, not original with me, but funny:
Man met St. Peter at the Pearly Gates.
"What's your name, and where you from?" he asked.
"_____ _____ from ____________."  {insert name and place}
Peter opens his books, finds the page.  Reading.  "Hmmm."  Reads.  "Whoa!"  a bit further, "I'm sorry; we can't let you in here.  You'll have to go to the other place."

"Oh, well," he said. "That'll be some improvement."

5 comments:

Jim Grey said...

Same here, my blog isn't a news site and I seldom offer opinion on anything other than photography or old roads. However I do think this is a unique opportunity for all of us bloggers to share our experience during this pandemic, if we are willing. I'll probably write a little about it from time to time.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

As long as you report every so often that you don't have "it," keep entertaining.

Vee said...

Keep being an entertainer. I like it that way.

Lin said...

Hmmmm...it's a fine line, no? I mean, it is such a big part of our lives now and I hate for it to pass without comment on how it is impacting our lives. My blog is sort of a diary, I suppose. So, I write a bit about it, but I'd like to think that I am noting the positives I am finding along the way.

I like whatever you write, so please...do. And often.

vanilla said...

Jim, yours is a nicely focused blog, yet you share enough info that I feel I have come to "know" you over the years. Keep posting

Sharkey, that would be out hope, that none of us have it.

Vee, try, if the well don't run dry.

Lin, you've no doubt noticed that I am a long way from my near-daily posting. Sometimes I feel like a shriveled old prune; but with any good fortune something may appear here from time to time.