Thursday, July 26, 2018

Sticky notes, page 2

Select from a pool of 535 hammerheads a group of twelve and they will come up with a rational solution to the problem. No. You will simply have a smaller pool of hammerheads.

larned vavnik

"Audere est Facere", which translates as "to dare is to do",

"if you torture the data severely enough they will confess to anything."
Ronald Coase actually said, 
"If you torture the data enough, nature will always confess. "  nobel prize winner in economics 1991

Did you ever just feel like slapping someone?  Then you didn't.  Then you wish you had.  Yet you are really glad you didn't.  Mixed bag.

 Today's "country" is just a bunch of failed pop "artists" trying to make it in another genre.  Crap.

Maybe  old people are lonely simply because they are not fit company.

Wild turkeys sure look a lot different from tame ones.  Tames are stupid and have big breasts, like blonde women.  --BBBH

 Stupidity seems to increase in direct proportion to the increase in knowledge.

winter sit around in the house; it's too cold to do anything.
summer sit around in the house; it's too hot to do anything.
springtime and fall sit around the house, too weak from sitting around in the summer and the winter to do anything at all.

next stop, Fairview.


Envy is the art of counting the other fellow's blessings instead of your own.  --Harold Coffin

Of the seven deadly sins, only envy is no fun at all. --Joseph Epstien

 You are like a blind squirrel who brings his own nuts to the park.  --scott adams  "Dilbert"

may all your flowers
bold or shy, and veggies too
be blessed with showers


I'll have a Blue Christmas without you
I'll be so blue just thinking about you
Decorations of red on a green Christmas tree
Won't be the same dear, if you're not here with me
 
And when those blue snowflakes start fallingThat's when those blue memories start calling
You'll be doin' all right, with your Christmas of white
But I'll have a blue, blue blue blue Christmas

You'll be doin' all right, with your Christmas of white
But I'll have a blue, blue Christmas


(To be continued. . .)




5 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

I particularly like the thoughts on envy.

vanilla said...

Chuck, sometimes the shortest line is the best line.

Grace said...

I think I like these better than yesterday's...Ok, I just re-read yesterday's batch and I like them equally. I've got a folder on my desktop titled 'Quotes' and stick stuff like this in there...(I also use Evernote)

vanilla said...

Grace, I am finding that I am not the only one who keeps random notes in the computer. Used to keep them in a folder in the file cabinet. Technology changes, habits not so much.

Sharkbytes said...

I just saved a conversation from a PD James novel that I thought quite profound.
"It's just an ordinary diary then, Father? It isn't about your spiritual life?"
"This is the spiritual life; the ordinary things one does from hour to hour."