Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Retrospective

On the last day of 2013, a look back.  Do you remember that I told you it was not a "prime year," giving its factors as 1, 3, 11, 33, 61, 183, 671, and 2013?  Okay, so now it ends.  Not prime, perhaps, but not a bad year, either.  Oh, yes, there have been disasters, wars, turmoil, and grief.  Yet I write in terms of my personal survival of another transit of Old Sol by our puny planet.

As for the blog, it seems I have posted 298 times this year, far short of the one-time near-daily posting I once did.  And yet sufficient unto the cause, I find, is a number falling below the one-to-one correspondence level I once sought to achieve.  And I do not feel the least bit guilty about missing some days.  In point of fact, I find that taking time off now and then enhances the effort.  I think so anyway.

On a personal note, we are doing quite well in spite of the aging process which does take its toll, yet no more severely than we are able to cope with, praise be to God.  I will begin my ninth decade of life in a few months, should I live that long, and BBBH is only two or three laps behind me.  We are still able to care for ourselves, sweep the floor occasionally and dust once in a while.  You, of course, are welcome anytime you wish to drop by for a visit, but no white gloves, please.

As December closes out and January begins, we wish you well, and we wish you much happiness during the New Year.

5 comments:

Sharkbytes said...

Keep on truckin'! We like what you are writing. I might even get down your way, who knows?

Vee said...

Wishing you a very Happy New Year.

Grace said...

Wish you a happy and healthy New Year filled with all things bright and beautiful!

Secondary Roads said...

What Sharkbytes said. Keep the posts coming at your own pace. Best wishes for you and your BBBH in the new (non-prime) year.

vanilla said...

Sharkey, as you know, writing has its moments. And sometimes not. The latch-string is out!

Vee, and a Happy 2014 to you!

Grace, thank you, and may the year bring you great blessings, too.

Chuck, so we'll have to wait until 2017 for another "prime year." But think of the fun we can have in the three years leading up to that! Happy New Year to you and Sylvia!