Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Searching for Something...

...to write about. I played this game, since tomorrow is the eighteenth day of the fourth month, I went to My Pictures and counted down to the eighteenth folder, selected the fourth picture and transferred it over here.

Data: Taken five years ago in Louisiana, entryway of my cousin's home. On the tray Jeeves is holding you may see "Flat Stanley" who made the trip to Texas with us. Flat Stanley was creation of Grandson Brayton in partial fulfillment of requirements for third grade social studies. Stanley's trip was recorded photographically, pictures submitted to the student as required, along with notes on the trip.

It is supposed that Brayton's project was acceptable, for he is now an eighth grader.

Other memories sparked: This trip was the one in which we traveled along the Natchez Trace. We ate BBQ in Natchez. Stanley did not partake. We visited a haunted house in Louisiana. Stanley was not frightened. We had the wettest, coldest winter we have ever spent in coastal Texas. Stanley did not care.

And off the top of my head, twenty-two minutes before my bedtime and after a long, hard day of effort in the yard, which now looks pretty darn good if I do say so myself, that is about the best I can do!


7 comments:

Lin said...

My post is sorta Flat Stanley too today--except not half as exciting. Busy weeks = boring posts for me.

Secondary Roads said...

Stanley is headed to the orthopedic office with me this morning. :)

John Cowart said...

Hi Vanilla,

Why is it that the busier we are, the less we can think of to blog about? That's a mystery to me.

Does Stanley do yard work with you?

John

vanilla said...

Lin, but of course the report on Grace and her health is interesting, and for her, I suspect, the visit to the vet was all too exciting.

Chuck, that Stanley sure gets around!

John, perhaps the answer to your question lies in the fact that the brain cells can accommodate only so much information at one time. Stanley, quite frankly, does nothing.

Shelly said...

I've had many Flat Stanley friends over the years. They do travel well-

Pearl said...

I hear ya, vanilla. I've been writing daily (1397 straight posts) and I'm feeling used up...

Pearl

vanilla said...

Shelly, he does seem to keep going, and going. If Stanley was eight years old when he was flattened, I figure that he must be about 56 by now.

Pearl, "used up"? I think not. You pretty regularly post another of Pearl's pearls.