Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday


Good Friday is a day of mourning. We mourn for the death of Jesus. We mourn for the sins of the world that required his death. In the darkness of the day, yet there is joy in the hope of the resurrection, and ultimately in the knowledge of salvation.


But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Reflections from scripture. Seven Last Words of Jesus as recorded in the Gospels.
Father, forgive them . . . (Luke 23:34)
This day you will be with me in paradise (Luke 23:43)
Woman, behold your son . . .(John 19:26-27)
My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?. . . (Matthew 27:46, Mark 15:34)
I thirst. (John 19:28)
It is finished! (John 19:30)
Father, into your hands I commend my spirit. . . (Luke 23:46)
"Christ Carrying the Cross"
El Greco

1 comment:

Secondary Roads said...

Well said my friend. Indeed we mourn for our sins and those of our nation which necessitated the death of our Savior.
-- Chuck