Monday, August 10, 2009

Dahlias and Things











I like dahlias very much but I am not so good at growing them. We do have a few this summer, though, thanks to BBBH. The photography may leave something to be desired, but the flowers are perfect!


The impatiens typically do very well, and they have done so this year.










I really hate to include this last picture, because it certainly impugns my gardening abilities. But if one doesn't get the right chemicals in the right places at the right times, this may well be the result. [Screams of outrage from the "organic community."]

These little devils were basically non-existent in our area up until about twelve years ago. They started showing up about then, and now they are a veritable scourge. Rose is "Peace," bugs are nasty, and I am outraged.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The flowers are beautiful.

Bob

Andrea said...

I love your flowers. You are such an encouragement. Please stop by arise 2 write and pick up the Neno's award. I did not get your name in the list. Please forgive me..there were so many and I ran out of steam, but I want you to have it. You are an encouragement to me.
Blessings, andrea

Andrea said...

Thank you for your sweet comment. You are so right. Our Heavenly father will never let go of his hand!
Blessings, love, hugs, and prayers, andrea

Lin said...

It's been a tough year for the garden with winter lasting so long, lots of rain in June, and now nothing. My flowers don't look so hot, so I appreciate your photos!

vanilla said...

Bob, thanks. Stop by and check out the yard!

Andrea, I am flattered that you chose to "award" me. Flowers are another gift from God, aren't they?

Lin, weather has been hard on the veggies, too. We've had only two ripe tomatoes. Wonder if they will ever ripen. Maybe it's a "fried green tomato" summer.