Chuck has tagged me. Again. Thanks, Chuck.
I've been pondering this question: How much do I want to reveal about myself?
Oh, that could have been the first of my six!
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random and/or revealing things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your post entry is up on your site.
1. I am a day person; and I cannot believe that I stay up until midnight most nights, since I awaken at dawn. Thanks BBBH.
(I nap a lot.)
2. For several years I had vanity plates on my car. Then I figured out that it is bad enough to pay mandatory taxes; voluntary taxes must be high on the foolishness scale.
(Or is it that the mandatory ones escalated to the point that there was too little left for frivolity?)
3. I worked my way through college as a hod-carrier, block-layer, schoolbus driver, hamburger
grinder, forklift driver, and sewerpipe maker.
(Want a recipe for 200# of hamburger?)
4. The only job I was ever fired from was at the meat market because the Kappa Delts didn't get their hamburger in time for dinner.
(I had another boss who tried to fire me-- nanner, nanner, nanner!)
5. I sometimes think that when Dad talked about the man that had more degrees than a thermometer, but hadn't sense enough to pound sand in a rathole, he was talking about me.
(How do you pronounce r-a-t-h-o-l-e, rath-olee or rath-olay?)
6. I am very uncomfortable making some of these revelations about myself.
(Transparent is for windowglass.)
1. Elizabeth because she is an extremely bright and insightful young lady, a talented writer.
2. Silver because she is thoughtful and artistic, and she expresses herself beautifully.
3. Candace Jean because she reflects so well the ideal of Love of God and family in her writing.
4. Stacy whose posts are infrequent lately, but the hilarity is worth the wait.
5. HR because his presentation of Indiana's wonders, both natural and manmade, as well as his occasional political foray, make for very interesting reading.
6. I would tag Mikki because she is a great creative writer and a fellow-teacher, and Lin because she and her cats are too funny to miss. But they have already been tagged. (Does the "twofer" make up for the fact that they are playing anyway?)
I need more bloggy friends.
So how do we differ, Chuck? Must be the hirsute facial adornments. Oh, and I'm much the older.
[and Happy Birthday, great granddaughter Gillian]