Saturday, June 6, 2015

To Everything There is a Reason

I renewed my driver’s license  a few days ago.  I learned some things, too, not the least of which is that there exists a camera made especially for the BMV, or the DMV, depending upon your place of residence.  The camera is the Insta Nage 5+.  It is designed to age the subject five years so that the picture is current at the time of the expiration of the license!

There.  I have accounted for the reason you don't like to show your license photo.  You are welcome.






Today is D-Day.  Never forget!
Each year on June 6, this anniversary has been noted here.  Last year
on the Seventieth Anniversary, I wrote a brief memorial piece here.

8 comments:

Ilene said...

My 94 year old friend, Jan, lost a brother at Normandy. She lost her other brother when the Japanese shot down his plane over the ocean. They never found his body. All of this haunts her to this day. Today I am grateful for those who have died for our country. At the same time, I am grateful that my big brother has lived to be the ripe old age of "Insta Nage 5+." Just how old is that? I won't tell if you don't.

Vee said...

I will never forget.

Secondary Roads said...

Reckon who makes that camera? 'Cause they doesn't look like a Kodak moment.

vanilla said...

Ilene, the losses were many and our gratitude to those who served and died and to those who served and lived must never die. JoAnn's brother took a shell as he parachuted onto Corregidor, but at ninety he is still with us. Grateful.

Vee, indeed.

Chuck, manufacturer not known to me but I am thankful that "they" printed me a new license!

Lin said...

Illinois has had a huge re-vamp of their DMV and the photographers are actually nice and let you re-take if the shot is bad. Now if only we can do something about coming clean about the weight....

Ugh.

vanilla said...

Lin, you mean as in a customer-friendly DMV? How novel. Anyway, I understand the "come clean" comment. We had been married five years before BBBH would let me see her driver's license.

Sharkbytes said...

Mine always makes me look angry. Has nothing to do with my attitude about the whole process of course...

vanilla said...

Sharkey, I was so surprised when the photog told me I could smile so long as I kept my mouth closed that I could only look-- stupid.