Sunday, June 7, 2015

Beauty in White

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarletthey shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.  --Isaiah 1:18

 The dianthus was an excellent choice for several places in the yard.

 Are they fabulous! Or what?

 The yarrow is faithful.  And prolific.

The daisies overran the garden several years ago.
We undertook to eradicate them and almost succeeded
too well.  They are making a comeback, though and
will soon present a problem again I'm sure.

 The catalpa spreads its white canopy over the yard.

While the rough leaf dogwood beneath is whitening as
well.  Still a green tinge, but soon to be as white as the
yarrow beneath it.

A touch of color to complement the white.

5 comments:

Vee said...

Love all of the white flower choices!

Grace said...

I don't think most people think about adding white flowers to their gardens. I wouldn't if I had a garden but then I am not fond of the color white. Those dianthus are cute (can a flower be cute?)

vanilla said...

Vee, thank you. Variety is good.

Grace, I like color in the yard, and I think of white as all colors! Elementary school science, you know. Cute? I don't know. I hear my BBBH apply that adjective to lots of things, some of which I find "doubtful."

Sharkbytes said...

I like shades of white together. Love the dianthus

vanilla said...

Shark, I like some white in the yard. No, not show; I mean in the flowerbeds.