Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Really Trivial

Running through my mind during the wee hours were jingles and slogans that advertisers have thrown at me over the years.   It is my contention that no one other than the performers in the ads would ever have a desire to learn these.  But learn them I did.  And the admen knew it would work that way.

My brain is studded with bits and pieces of stuff rather like an oatmeal cookie with chocolate chips in it.  Speaking of cookies and other comestibles,

1 Made by elves.
2 Nobody doesn't like +--+
3 Bet you can't eat just one.
4 Everything is better when it sits on a +--+,

Or how about transportation?

5 There's a +--+ in your future.
6 Ask the man who owns one.
7 It will drive you absolutely mod.
8 See the USA in your +--+
9 Better buy a +--+

And other odds and ends.

10 LSMFT, or
11 +--+ green has gone to war.
12 +--+ wants you!
13 Five eight eight two three hundred
14 Is it live or is it +--+?
15 Don't just tape it, +--+ it.
16. A little dab'll do ya.

You have some of this sort of thing embedded in your head.  Please share some of yours in the comments.

On Thursday there may be more  along with the answers to today's list.


13 comments:

Grace said...

I know only 4 from your list (1,2,8,15). Right now the only one I can remember is the Tasty Cake song...

Vee said...

"Double your pleasure, double your fun."

Grace said...

*not 15. 14, I have no idea what 15 belongs too.

vanilla said...

Grace., close. 15 was a competitor to 14.

Vee, I posted an article I wrote about that product on Bob Warr May 27.

vanilla said...

Grace, I found the Tastykake jingle on youtube. First time I had ever heard it. Honest.

Secondary Roads said...

Sorry . . . my head appears to be empty. At least it is empty of this content category.

vanilla said...

Chuck, that is a good thing. You are blessed.

Grace said...

Youtube doesn't have the jingle I remember - the lyrics are "So much fun to put in your tummy, Tastykake cakes and pies"

vanilla said...

Grace, Ok. I tried.

Ilene said...

In a day and age when people record, fast forward, pause and mute, I marvel that advertisers find it worth their while to advertise. At any rate, gone are the days of the catchy jingle.

Ilene said...

Plop, plop, fizz, fizz. Oh what a relief it is.

vanilla said...

Ilene, do you remember the smiley little elf with "Alka Seltzer? on his cap that accompanied those lines?

vanilla said...

Ilene, do you remember the smiley little elf with "Alka Seltzer? on his cap that accompanied those lines?