Thursday, November 5, 2009

Individuality


Today is Sam Shepard's birthday. I am not particularly a fan, but I have been told so many times that I "look just like Sam Shepard" that I would be remiss to let this occasion pass. I don't see it at all. In fact, I think I look more like Sam Waterston, but BBBH says that's wrong. Truth: I look like myself, and that's a good thing, for the world could ill-afford to have more than one of these.
Two important points. Shepard is a prolific playwright, and I respect that. Shepard is much younger than I, and neither of us can help that.
Happy Birthday, Mr. Shepard.

2 comments:

Sharkbytes said...

Ha Ha- I thought at first you meant Sam Shepard on whose story "The Fugitive" was based!

vanilla said...

Sharkbytes, you made me laugh! I had totally forgotton about the "other Sam" you cited.