Friday, June 12, 2009

Good Times at Home

We had visitors this week. Our friends Arnie and Arlene from Minnesota spent three days in our town. We had a wonderful visit and hope we can do it again. Safe travels to these good people!
Thursday evening we went to dinner across the creek right here in the Hometown. As we were leaving, I stepped back for a group who were entering. The young lady stepped up to me and said, "Hi, I'm Elizabeth." What a pleasant surprise! It was Elizabeth from The Big Red Couch, a blog I follow. ( http://thebigredcouch-bitty.blogspot.com/ ) I am flattered that she reads my blog, as she is a brilliant and insightful young person. She introduced me to her brother and her husband. They were up from their home in Kentucky to visit with her grandparents. With the Minnesota friends waiting, I felt I had much too little opportunity to visit, but it was nonetheless a great experience for me.
Sometimes I am really glad that I joined the 'blogosphere.'

1 comment:

Elizabeth Glass-Turner said...

It was a delightful surprise to find you there! The many layers of beauty and familiarity in visiting one's small hometown. I'm so glad we had the chance to bump in to you.