Friday, September 10, 2010

fall 2







Following the completion of yesterday's post and a bit of rest, I took Canon to the yard again to see what we could see.
The petunias greet you at the front door, just after you pass the baby roses beside the walk.
The catalpa is losing its leaves. Fortunately, with their sail area and the prevailing SW breeze most of them wind up in the neighbor's yard. [chuckle]
The butterflies were playing around the clematis. Notwithstanding that I am showing no open-wing shots, I discovered that they are much more colorful in this pose!
Captured two of them together in a couple of instances.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That butterfly looks like a brute! I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley...

Anonymous said...

Ooooh...Purty.

Nice shots.

vanilla said...

Jim-- and the little fella scarcely an inch long!

Sailorcurt-- Thank you. Beauty all around us!

Lin said...

I've noticed the butterflies and the hummingbirds are really scrambling for food these days. I think they know it is going to get cold soon.

vanilla said...

Lin-- I suspect they have to "tank up" for their impending journey.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Oh, thanks for the tour around your beautiful yard! Very nice.

vanilla said...

Sharkbytes-- And thank you for taking the tour. We just returned home from a four-day state park experience!