Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Vignettes from Loonville

Blog Pally Lin refers to her village as "Weirdville." A few nights ago when Morpheus declined to visit me, I got to thinking about the strange people and behaviors in my neighborhood. I realized that none of that was happening in the town of Perfect where we live. In Perfect, all the realtors, car salesmen and preachers are honest. The women are all comely; and just as in Lake Wobegon, the children are all above average.

But wait! I thought. Though it is ancient history, I did live for six years in Loonville. And my memory is quite good for details of experiences forty or fifty years ago. (Just don't depend on me to remember my dental appointment, or where I put the car keys.) And thus for the rest of the night I "wrote" the story of Loonville. I hope to share it with you in dribs and drabs from time to time. How do Tuesdays sound? I think I'll do it on Tuesdays. So excited was I about this that I had to grab my steno pad and write the first installment before the computer was booted up.



The next one won't be handwritten. Stick with me.
© 2010 David W. Lacy

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Thank you for your prayers and support.
Blessings,
andrea

Secondary Roads said...

Looking forward to next Tuesday. The anticipation is building.

vanilla said...

Andrea--May the Lord's blessings continue to be yours.

Chuck--Hope we didn't build you up to let you down!