Sunday, January 1, 2012

Days are Swifter...

When I lie down, I say, When shall I arise, and the night be gone? and I am full of tossings to and fro unto the dawning of the day. Job 7:4

I do that. Job continues on with his complaint that his skin is broken (I have that); that his days are passing quicker than the eye can see (mine, too); that his life is a wind and he shall no more see good. (I fear I might have that, too. I know I don't see as well as I once did.)

What is good? Do that which is right and good in the sight of the Lord. Deuteronomy 6:18.

Notice it does not say "Do that which is right in your own sight;" nor yet does it say "Do that which is right in the eyes of your fellow man." Interesting.

Bodacious thoughts on the beginning of a new year.

2 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

May your whole year be bodacious.

vanilla said...

Chuck, thank you. And we wish you an outstanding year, but I repeat myself.