Sunday, January 29, 2012

Be of Good Courage (Reminder)

(Modified and recycled post.)
I am not a doom-and-gloomer, but I am no Pollyanna, either. Things look dark indeed. Yet the cliche would assure us that it is always "darkest just before the dawn." I don't see that as a hopeful expectation, either, because it might be the case that it is not yet "darkest" and things may get worse before they get better.



Setting aside economic circumstances, political division, and rampant nonsense, he or she who commits it all to God and walks with Jesus may suffer from the ills and vicissitudes of life, but yet will not be overwhelmed by them. We will walk in peace with God, in spite of the swirling and raging storm without!



The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?...

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD
.
Psalm 27

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Good word. He never leaves us, never forsakes us, even when unsettling circumstances swirl all around. What a comfort!

vanilla said...

Shelly, He is with us for the long haul!

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Yup... I'm not one of those prosperity theologists. Just peace amid the storms. In fact most Bible stories show the opposite... walk with God... you can practically count on some big bad things happening.

vanilla said...

Shark, I believe with you that He will be with us in the storms of life! (Doesn't scripture talk about preachers who "tickle the ears"?)