Saturday, March 15, 2014

Puzzling


Last week Lin related a bit of the good time she had while her daughter, Em, was home for a few days.  Among other things, they worked a puzzle which we had sent to them.  She called it, I believe, a "hellish" puzzle.  It was difficult, the frustration deriving in large part from the fact that too many pieces "almost" fit into the space, but not quite.

Well, I would be remiss if I did not relate the fact that Lin reciprocated the challenge by sending this puzzle to us.  It was difficult, too, possibly even "hellish," although I suspect we would need to ask Lin for her definition of the term.  The difficulty of this one lay, in my opinion, in the bizarre shapes of the pieces, such that it was difficult to look at a space, then hold the "shape" in ones head long enough to find the corresponding piece.

Each puzzle in this exchange was a thousand piece gem.  Good deal.

Thanks for the fun time, Lin!

6 comments:

Sharkbytes said...

Cool exchange program! That looks like a quilt rather than donuts.

Grace said...

Oh gosh yes - that looks like it was a killer puzzle...

Lin said...

Sharkey--do you want in the puzzle exchange? I can ship you one if you'd like.

Vanilla--I thought the donuts puzzle was hard for the same reason--it had very similar pieces and there just seemed to be too many pieces with sprinkles....if "too many sprinkles" is possible.

vanilla said...

Sharkey, I couldn't use that design for a coverlet-- I'd salivate all over it.

Grace, it definitely was not a one-evening puzzle!

Lin, I opened a thousand-piecer today, previously used and passed on. There was a note inside, "I've worked many very hard puzzles over the years. I gave up on this one. Hint: the picture on the box is not the puzzle." Now I'm afraid to try it!

Lin said...

Vanilla--You can either pass that one on to someone else (warn them about the missing pieces) or just hang on to it. I think that might be a fun one to do again though.

vanilla said...

Lin, I may share, but I might want to do it again! What to do?