Based on John, chapter 8.
1. Under what conditions will the truth be known?
If we continue in the Word, we shall know the truth.
2. What is the benefit in so continuing?
In knowing the truth, we shall be free.
3. What does Jesus mean by “free”?.
He that is of God hears God’s words: you hear them not because you are not of God.
4. If we are not of God, then of whom?
Jesus said, If God were your father, you would love me: for I proceeded from and came from God. I did not come of my own but of God who sent me. You are of your father the devil, and you will do the lusts of your father
5. What are we obligated to do?
We must be in the Word. We then will be freed from sin.
Jesus said, If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
Today is the fiftieth birthday of my eldest son and third child, Delbert. He is featured here. Happy Birthday, Delbert!