Monday, August 15, 2011

Are They Now?


Merle's song was introduced thirty years ago. (This rendition is from 1983.) There is an expression of hope in the last lines. I wonder if that hope is still there today. I am not a doom-and-gloomer, but I am no Pollyanna, either. Things look dark indeed. Yet the cliche would assure us that it is always "darkest just before the dawn." I don't see that as a hopeful expectation, either, because it might be the case that it is not yet "darkest" and things may get worse before they get better.

In any event, putting aside economic circumstances, political division, and rampant nonsense, he or she who commits it all to God and walks with Jesus may suffer from these ills, but yet will not be overwhelmed by them. We will walk in peace with God, in spite of the swirling and raging storm without!

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?...
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
Psalm 27

2 comments:

Vee said...

Good reminder to trust despite circumstances. Thanks!

vanilla said...

Vee, thanks. It is good that though we may encounter difficulties, we don't have to worry.