Sunday, February 6, 2011

I Walk the Line Aisle

Yes, I remembered. Today is our wedding anniversary, Dear. It was eleven years ago that we met at the altar and said our vows.

We are still together. Interesting? To say the least. Humdrum existence? Not by the wildest stretch of the imagination. Tempestuous? I am not telling.

You have loved me when I wasn't all that lovable; though perhaps I've not been so "obstreperous" (your word) as you claim from time to time. Am I hard-headed and set in my ways? Are you? Am I going to be in such deep weeds over this post that I won't see daylight for a week? Nah. Your sense of humor and mine intersect on occasion. Then, too, they don't always.

Do I love your you still? Indubitably. You have fed me, entertained me, kept my hair trimmed and neat. And you frequently remind me that I am "not wearing that." You have loved me in a million ways.

And to think, some of our friends said it "would never last." Silly folk.
Wanna go for another eleven? Okay, one day at a time.




I Love You, JoAnn.
Remembering the Tenth Anniversary.

10 comments:

Vee said...

Happy Anniversary! My wish for you is that you will have many more years together.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!

Lin said...

Happy Anniversary! Love is never easy, but it is worth it. :)

vanilla said...

Vee, thank you for this very nice wish.

Grace, we appreciate your good wishes.

Lin, thanks. You got it right.

Sharkbytes said...

Very cool, and Happy Anniversary! You look very cute together.

vanilla said...

Shark, thank you. We toddle along, singing a song; side by side!

Secondary Roads said...

Congrats and many happy returns.

vanilla said...

Chuck, thank you.

John Deere Mom said...

Aw...what a sweet post for your beautiful wife. I hope you are spending your anniversary in Texas because it is COLD here in IN!!

vanilla said...

John Deere Mom,
Thank you. Actually, we are in Florida this winter, since we wanted to visit JoAnn's sisters whom we hadn't seen in several years. Good choice, too, since it's been cold in South Texas this winter!