Sunday, February 27, 2011

Herpetology, Ornithology, and Gerontology

We uncovered the boat for the first time and took a cruise around the lake. While walking to the dock, I spotted the Geico gecko, the first green lizard I have seen this winter. It was in the caladium, and much too quick in its reaction to spotting me for me to be able to focus a camera on it.

Out on the lake, we saw this great eagles' nest, and a great white-headed bird was standing on the rim of it; but ere I could focus the camera...

And now the title makes sense to you. Lizards, birds and an old guy with camera and old-guy reflexes.


But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. -Isaiah 40:31

2 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

And that my friend is why i usually use Sylvia's point-and-shoot camera.

vanilla said...

Chuck, er, ah-- I was using point and shoot and still too slow. :D