Thursday, August 29, 2013

Mounds or Almond Joy?

String Too Short to Tie is brought to you today by the foolishness of the author.  Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don’t.
My email program, Windows Live Mail, offers a plethora of fonts.  I have seldom played around with these, so today I thought to take a look at some of the options.

It really is quite amazing what one can do with this set of choices, but mostly this is provided simply for your frustration and my entertainment!

This particular font is called “Opus text” which is really quite readily legible, at least compared to some of the other offerings.


Suffice it to say, I believe I won’t submit my doctoral dissertation in this format.  Nor in webdings, either.

Returning to non-nonsense, Happy birthday, Bernardine!

6 comments:

Shelly said...

And it is fun to sit and play with all those choices, even if we never use them.

Grace said...

Fonts make me crazy - depending on which program I am using I have so many choices that by the time I have tried out several dozen or so my eyes are rolling back in my head and a day or two has passed....

Secondary Roads said...

I prefer the dark chocolate of Mounds, but I also like the almonds.

vanilla said...

Shelly, there are so many things to play around with on the 'net; so little time in which to do it!

Grace, your description of your frustration is an explanation for my choosing two or three fonts and sticking with them.

Chuck, our tastes so similar in yet another way. They should make an Almond Joy with dark chocolate.

vanilla said...

Chuck, oh, wait. They do.

Secondary Roads said...

Oh my! They do? I'll have to keep my eyes open.