Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015

Friend Grace, proprietor of Dragon's Alley, suggested that I might ask the readers to specify their choices of posts from STSTT.  She then gave the project a kick-start by picking a couple of her favorites from last January.  Since they are so appropriate to this very day, I am copying them here, so you needn't even click to view them!

The first, from January 1, 2014:



"What are your New Year resolutions?" asked Beloved Beautiful .



"I'm not making any this year," I replied.



Silence. No response. Nothing. Nada. Nil. Zip. I turned a bit to look toward her. She wore a quizzical, nay, even puzzled look on her face. "What?" I said.



"Nothing," she replied. "I'm just trying to grasp the concept of being satisfied with that level of performance."

 



Happy New Year, Everyone!



Grace's second choice was from January 26. It is entitled "Wind Carving on Concrete":


Happy 2015, Grace, and also to all who read this!

Anyone else have any favorites from 2014?

9 comments:

Lin said...

Happy New Year, Vanilla! I think my favorite posts were the Christmas ones recently. They were very appropriate for me during a time when I needed them.

I sorta like your theory of no resolutions. I am not making resolutions, but I am going to make an attempt at working hard at a better me. I think the world will be happy for that.

I sent you a surprise to your P.O. Box yesterday--watch for it.

Jim Grey said...

Happy new year! I've featured a few posts on my Saturday-morning Recommended Reading list -- those would be my favorites. I leave it as an exercise for the reader to go find them in my blog archive.

Grace said...

Now I'm feeling all sappy. Thinking (and feeling) huge hugs to you and JoAnn...

vanilla said...

Lin, I am happy you have found some useful reading here. As for resolutions, we probably think alike on the subject. Better to be always resolved to make one's best effort at the task at hand.

Surprise? I like surprises, as a general rule.

Jim, I did enjoy reviewing your choices for the year on "Down the Road."

Grace, our hugs and warm felicitations for you as well!

Secondary Roads said...

I like the the wind carving, but my favorite is the Uncle Jep tales.

vanilla said...

Chuck, thanks. I think I may share a bit about how those came about.

Secondary Roads said...

Please do share.

Sharkbytes said...

The entries from Dora's Diary, although it's hard to choose.

vanilla said...

Sharkey, thank you. It pleases me that you think them worthy of rereading.