Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Little about Nothing


Dear Reader,

To paraphrase a character in "Pogo" from many years ago, "If I could only write, I'd send a nasty letter to the mayor, if he could only read."

What you should take away from this is that the post today is vacant (vacuous? empty? bereft of sense?) or nearly so, because while I do have things on my mind, I am less than sanguine of the possibility that any of them would be edifying.

Stay warm, stay alert, and stay out of trouble.

Sincerely,
vanilla

9 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

Today's early sun has now hidden behind a veil of gray. This leaves me feeling the way you report.

I'll try to stay warm and out of trouble. As to alert, that depends how relaxed I can get.

Stay happy--or at least content.

Grace said...

Yeah, the warm and out of trouble is easy enough, alert is problematical.

vanilla said...

Chuck, I recommend "alert" because friend Pearl (http://pearl-whyyoulittle.blogspot.com/) seems to believe in it. "Content" is a pretty good place to be.

Grace, just so. The eyelids seem to be automatic shutters on occasion.

Sharkbytes said...

But I love the picture! We are all entitled to an occasional "less than cheery" day.

vanilla said...

Sharkey, I captured that little fella in our backyard several years ago. That picture is wallpaper on my computer.

Sharkbytes said...

OK, that is too weird. I have a very similar shot that I sometimes uses for wallpaper, and I took it several years ago

vanilla said...

Sharkey, seems we both caught a good summer for grasshoppers. This one was part of my quality day. ;-)

Sharkbytes said...

I posted my hopper picture today and linked to you

vanilla said...

Sharkebytes, thanks. You've a cute little guy there.