Sunday, November 6, 2011

God is Good All the Time

Pastor Mark's sermon emphasized one attribute of God, namely His Goodness.
Reading Psalm 34
In John 10:11 we find Jesus saying, "I am the good shepherd."
Pastor asked, "What does 'God is good' mean?" His message was the answer to this question.

1. God will always meet my genuine needs. This is not to say God will meet your wants. Phillipians 5:19, Matthew 6: 25-30

2. He will always forgive me of my sins. I John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

3. He is always up to something good for my life. Romans 8:28, Jeremiah 29:11

4. He will always love me personally. Jeremiah 31:3
I cannot do anything that will cause God to love me more than he already does. He loves me with perfect love. He cannot improve on His love. I cannot do anything that will cause God to love me less than he does. Grieving God does not diminish His love. God's love is everlasting. Jeremiah 31:3

5. He will give me the grace I need all the time. II Corinthians 12:9
Grace = God's riches at Christ's expense.
Why does grace show up in my life? Because God is good, all the time.
Grace abounds; in His mercy we do not get what we deserve. God is good.

Because God is good, He will lead me to repentence; I will live for Him; I will be with Him eternally.

4 comments:

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Good thing, too.

vanilla said...

Shark, indeed it is.

John Cowart said...

"I cannot do anything that will cause God to love me more than he already does.... I cannot do anything that will cause God to love me less than he does".

Thanks, Vanilla. That's the message I needed to hear this morning.

John

vanilla said...

John, a wonderful message it is. Blessings.