"Tell me the old, old story of Jesus and His love." -Katherine Hankey (1866)
Pastor Mark's message is based on John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave His only begotten Son, that whosover believeth on Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
November is missions month and each Sunday a missionary is featured and the sermon is missions-oriented. Missions started in the Heart of God. God is a mission-minded God.
We serve a compassionate God.
The three fundamental truths about God's love.
1. His love is extravagant. He loves us with everlasting, unceasing love.
2. His love is exhaustive. He loves the world. Text, also II Peter 3:9, I Timothy 2:4
3. His love is expressive. He gave His only begotten Son.
Missions work is hard work; requires sacrifice. Why engage in missions?
1. Compassionate act, even as God is compassionate us-ward.
2. Compelling message. Romans 1:14 - 17 The gospel is a distinct, dynamic, particular message; a powerful message.
3. We are a commissioned people. Mark 16:15 - 16. Jesus said, "Go."
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.