Our first glimpse of the river came when we arrived at Stockdale on the outskirts of Roann. This is the site of the old mill seen here. The signage lets us know that there is a group of people working to preserve this piece of history.
A few hundred yards and around a couple of curves and we are driving across the Roann covered bridge. We entered the bridge from this end, either the north or the east end depending upon the reading of your compass.
This is the other end where we parked our vehicles just behind the camera.
A peek at the structural components and an interesting play of light.
Minus one couple who had deserted us at this point and the guy behind the camera, this is the fine bunch of people with whom we were privileged to spend the day.
The view through the windows of the bridge.
Mac is more interested in the river than he is in being photographed.
The Roann Covered Bridge is a double span Howe truss structure.The total length is 288 feet with 16 foot width and 18 foot clearance. It was constructed by the Smith Bridge Company of Toledo, Ohio in 1877