Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Repost and Update

A few years ago I posted these fall pictures in black and white taken back in the day when i burned a lot of Tri-X.  Following these old pictures, I am adding the pictures taken through the rainy atmosphere this day provided.

A long time ago, another time, but in this place, I shot a lot of black and white film. I processed the pictures myself. I never got really good at photography, but occasionally I got lucky and came up with a decent picture. This one has long been a favorite of mine. It serves here as a header to "Indiana Fall in Black and White."


This was the vechicle which I drove back and forth to work. It is already twenty-six years old at the time this picture was taken.

Hangers-on. The leaves don't all fall at once.


Hmmm. If we rake now, we'll have to rake again. Decisions, decisions.


Falling leaves. Serendipity, for one cannot simply "order" the leaves to fall in front of the lens.


My daughter's car in the driveway. If you can identify it you are a true "car geek."


Two gables. Jerkinhead gable; straight gable.

And now the October 2014 update.

Standing in the sunroom, I opened a panel and the screen. It was raining, is still raining.  The orange/russet/red is a purple ash.  The yellow in front is provided by neighbor's tree, also an ash, but a different variety.  The green in the back left is one of the austrees in our windbreak.  Stubborn things are refusing to succumb to fall.  Yet.

 Of course there is some raking and some vine removal in the near future.  If it quits raining, that is.

Snow White and her coterie of weird little friends is scheduled to be housed in their winter quarters.  As soon as it quits raining.

One more from the secret garden behind the barn.  Won't be long now.

6 comments:

Grace said...

You have a barn? Nice photos...and now I know why you went for Sneezy, Dopey et al...

vanilla said...

Grace, the "barn" is the 24x24 building in front of which sit the statuettes, the very ones that made it easy for me to name your chairs for you!

Shelly said...

Great, nostalgic pictures. I love looking at vintage black and white photos. The recent ones are lovely, too- that secret garden is fun!

Sharkbytes said...

Thanks for the new knowledge about that kind of gable. Even though fall is all about color you got some nice BW ones too.

Secondary Roads said...

I remember shooting a lot of Tri-X film. I did my own developing and printing as well. Loved to make enlargements.

vanilla said...

Shelly, b & w pix do evoke a sense of nostalgia. We try to have as much fun as we are able to bear these days!

Sharkey, perhaps you shouldn't take that info to the bank. I don't remember who conveyed it to me, and I can't find verification.

Chuck, nothing like the smell of chemicals in the darkroom. I have a framed 8 x 10 of the first picture that I printed oh, so long ago.