Saturday, July 28, 2012

Wes and Western Union

Wesley, my best friend whom I had known since we were in knee-pants (and you know how I feel about that) died three years ago today.  Scarce a day passes but I think of him.

I have written on STSTT a bit about my experiences as a Western Union messenger.  Perhaps a year after I started that job, Wes was also hired there.  How cool is that, to have your best friend working with you, competing with you for "top board"?

For my fifty-sixth birthday, Wes put together a memento of our times at the old office. He located and sent to me a messenger's working kit which I share with you here.




Wes, until the Marriage Supper of the Lamb!

2 comments:

Vee said...

What a wonderful memento!

vanilla said...

Vee, one would have a hard time finding one now.