Monday, July 9, 2012

Caption Game


A recent Friday evening thunderstorm knocked over a tree, which knocked over a pole, which left a power line on the ground.  Saturday a utility truck and a sawhorse blocked the road.  Monday morning, this was the scene.  I want your captions for this picture; fair game, because you now know as much about it as I do.  Oh, except for this.  At nine a. m., at five p.m., the road still blocked.  I saw no workmen at any time I passed by, neither on Saturday nor on Monday.

I have a caption. I will reveal it after you have given me your best shot!

4 comments:

Shelly said...

My brain isn't functioning yet, but I will be thinking on it...

Vee said...

"But never ever on a Sunday a Sunday a Sunday cause that's my day of rest"

Chuck said...

Transformers VI -- The Power Goes Out

vanilla said...

Shelly, that “early morning lag.”

Vee, I am not making this up. I actually thought of that as a possible caption, but chose the other one. Fortunately, for otherwise you would have stolen my thunder. So is it a genetic connection that we think so alike, or is it something else? O-O-O. What am I thinking right now? Actually, I think that the “never on a Sunday” is probably exactly the reason for this.

Chuck, good one. The power is “out.” Did you follow the line in the picture to see that it is going “out” and is grounded beside the truck? Thanks for playing along.

Revealing my caption: FOR WANT OF A POLE, THE TRUCK WAS LOST. More recent thought: This augurs badly.